Choosing the best WordPress hosting is not easy. Hosting is the backbone upon which other things are built. In case, get it wrong, you, your rankings and your website will suffer. Perhaps, you are thinking about launching a new site or moving your existing website to a new hosting service? There are a lot of choices out there. Okay, let’s start with five basic types of hosting accounts to select from:
- Free WordPress Hosting
- Shared Hosting
- Virtual Private Server (VPS)
- Dedicated Hosting
- Managed Hosting
Indeed, choosing the best WordPress hosting for your needs can help improve your SEO and boost sales. There are variety types of WP hosting options valuable on the market such as VPS, Free, Shared, Managed and Dedicated WP hosing. Now, we should rapidly consider which types of hosting meet your needs in details. Let’s see:
Free WordPress Hosting: There are many free WordPress hosting available, however most of them have some sort of catch. You can find out it in a small group or a forum, usually, the catch is that you need to put their banners ads on the site. Some require you to leave a text link in the footer of your website. The largest downside of getting a free host aside from the ads is unreliable. In fact, free hosting is not what you need and it is not best WP hosting.
Shared Hosting: this one is a common hosting solution that is quite cheap. Just with under $10/month, you can share a single server’s resources with various small sites. The downsides are the pages that will take seconds to load, and you will need to be responsible for keeping your website updated and secure from malware and hackers. Shared WP hosting is the most effective solution for small business and gets started with bloggers.
VPS: a VPS will offer you more control over your website for development, with many sever resources when you are just sharing sever with some other sites. However, scalability can be limited to the server. Because of your traffic load, the sever will run out of processing power and you website’s performance can drop as a result. VPS WP hosting is great for medium-sized business, aspiring designers or developer, high traffic blogs
Dedicated Server: This one is the right solution for you in case you need complete control over all technical aspects of hosting your websites. However, your Sys-Admin should know about the difference Nginx and Apaches, and know about object caching. Additionally, someone on your team should know about their way around a MySQL database and how to control your security firewall and protocol.
Managed WordPress Hosting: the managed WP hosting is the top of the line for scalability and speed, and this one will assume that your website is running on WP. That is a safe assumption; when about 20% of the Internet is build on WP. Managed WP hosting is perfect for established bloggers that can justify the expense with their revenue. This one is suitable for those who do not have the time or skills to solve the technique side of things.
Five hosting above can meet your basic requirements. However, I would like to confirm that choosing best hosting is extremely important to your website. Make sure that the best WP hosting must have several factors like basic hosting requirement, operating system, website needs, disk space and monthly transfer, price and customer service, good reputation and security.
- Basic Hosting Requirement: about the basic hosting requirement, you should be aware of MySQL and PHP versions that are two basic features for running WP. You should check if the hosting package you select contains MySQL version 5.0.15 or greater and PHP version 5.2.4 or greater.
- Operating System: Even though most server supports MySQL and PHP can work, you could choose a powerful hosting covering Apache web-server and Linux.
- Disk Space and Monthly Transfer: Before choosing WP hosting, you can rough estimate how many posts they can publish every month and how many videos and pictures they can put for each post. After that guaranteed that the WP hosting contains enough disk space and monthly transfer and personally, 20MB is enough for WP itself.
- Security: In case you do not want your WP website too vulnerable to hacker attacks, and then a reliable and safe WP hosting is important. Make sure that the WP hosting will support SFTP (SSH file transfer protocol) and SSH (Secure shell) with those who could encrypt the files during uploads.
- Price: In fact, it is quite hard to get the best but the cheapest WP hosting for your WP website. However, a safe hosting with a reasonable price should be put in your choice. In case, you chose a hosting solution with an unsafe cheap price, you can get horrible service or there are other following fees are waiting for them. Another case is that users can buy a hosting solution at a high cost, and it does not offer their WP website the equivalent service. What a pity!
- Customer Service: One of the most important aspects is a reliable and supportive customer service because they can offer the full assistance whenever you have some problems while building a WP site. Moreover, a good WP hosting can help you solve problems effectively and rapidly.
- In addition, make sure that the WP hosting has more than 99% of uptime. This hosting must have the line for scalability and speed that is placed at the server. About hosting control panel, you should choose Cpanel that is provided by the America’s leading hosting provider.
You know the criteria of choosing hosting service are similar to buying any product from the market. You should identify your expectation, basic requirements, make you budget and more. You should clearly know about these features to choose the best WordPress (WP) hosting for your blog or website to choose the best WP hosting.
So, what is best WordPress hosting? As you can see, there are thousands hosting providers available, which support the minimum requirement and recommendations for WordPress, and from my honest experience, the best choice for hosting is A2Hosting. This is one of the most popular web hosting, and it provides excellent customer supports and an 8-week money back guarantee. It is great if you get Hostgator for your website.
You have to choose the best wordpress hosting for your WordPress website now. According to my experience, A2Hosting is the best choice.
Lastly, selecting hosting is very important for a website, and it will decide a part of your success. Understanding about all the options helps you choose the best Wordpess hosting. I hope that this article will be useful for all of you to add valuable information about selecting best Worpdpress hosting. Choosing WP hosting becomes easier than ever, and it will help boost your business online dramatically.